Friday, April 03, 2009

ATC Jam Session hosted by Carla Cryptic

If you are familiar with ATCs (artist trading cards), you know that they are the size of baseball trading cards (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and are usually traded with other ATC artists one on one, through ATC swaps, or through ATC trading sessions. One of the online groups which is a haven for ATC artists is The ATC Exchange. It's a group I've enjoyed for many reasons over the years, not least of which being the group leader, George Kovats. There are some truly great artists in the group and many of the group's members are open to experimentation and challenges. A few years ago, at George's request, I hosted an exchange called the Jamboree and it was a great success so I was happy to say yes when George asked me to host another ATC Jam swap this year. I'm calling it a Jam Session this time around since I sing Jazz and making ATC Jam cards is basically just a form of collaborative improvising as is the best of jazz.

To read more about what ATC Jams entail and to get more details of this particular swap, please visit my Jam ATC blog post at IUOMA (International Union of Mail Artists). If you have any questions after that, please feel free to send me some email at carlacryptic@yahoo dot com. Also, I have a series of pages featuring my own ATCs and links to many ATC groups and artist pages at my mail art website Cryptic Web. You are always welcome to stop by there. :)

Please note that there is a deadline for letting me know you're going to participate and it is MAY 22, 2009. There is also a fee for participation to cover shipping costs.

I am really looking forward to doing something like this again and hope to see some of you reading this now in my mail queue by the 22nd! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home